Monday 11 May 2009

Evolution weekender 2009


With so many of the big festivals getting mentioned I thought I would give a shout out to the North East's biggest music event Evolution.
For the first time it is spread over two days at the settings of Spillers Quay on Newcastle Quayside and Baltic Stage on Gateshead Quays.
It is to take place on the bank holiday weekeend Sunday the 24 and Monday 25 January. You may think this is a little late for letting you know however I'm sure some of use al,ready have tickets. If not there are still day tickets available at
http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=xxx&query=schedule&promoter=evo&interface=evo or can be purchased by phone on
the 24hr hotline 08444771000.
I strongly believe this is good value for money as the day tickets are only £9.50 plus booking fee. If you were lucky enough to get a weekend ticket at £15 plus bf you have a bargain.
Acts announced so far include: Dizzee Rascal, The Wombats, The View, Mystery Jets, The Maccabees, White Lies, Friendly Fires, Ladyhawke, Little Boots, Florence & the Machine, Nouvelle Vague, Twisted Wheel, Imelda May, VV Brown, The Puppini Sisters, Kid British, The Big Pink, Dead Kids, Esser, Fan Death, Marina & The Diamonds, The Chapman Family, Viva City…

My favourites include up and coming stars....Twisted Wheel, VV Brown and the established The View.

Unfortunately I am leaving for Ibiza that weekend and won't be able to attend so I will keep you updated with my summer adventure as long as you keep me informed of your Evolution Weekender experience......

No comments:

Post a Comment